Ways to Give
Leave A Legacy
Gifts of Personal Property
How It Works
- You transfer a valuable painting, antique, or other personal property to the Lupus Foundation of America.
- The Lupus Foundation of America may hold and display the property or use it in the furtherance of its mission.
- The Lupus Foundation of America may sell the property at some point in the future and use the proceeds for its mission.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised value of your gift and pay no capital gains tax, so long as the gift can be used by the Lupus Foundation of America to carry out its mission.
- Without using cash, you can make a gift that is immediately beneficial to the Lupus Foundation of America.
- More details on gifts of personal property.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of personal property.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.